Network Cabling - (Cat, 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6a)
A cabling system is only as good as its design and installation. It is the most important investment you will make in your IT infrastructure and will be part of your network that will last the longest. It is the foundation on which all other business activities depend. Each aspect is highly specialized and requires trained professionals to ensure performance and reliability.
What makes the Fugal designed and installed Voice and Data cabling system the best along the Wasatch front? "Attention to detail and strict compliance to the industry 568-B Standard," says Fugal's Operations Manager and RCDD, Jim Houghton.
With a Fugal installed system you will get...
- BICSI Certified Technicians - to insure quality and reliability the cable plant is installed in strict compliance to the TIA/EIA 568-B Standard.
- Every cable is run through 12 rigid tests using a Fluke DTX-1800 tester. Test results are delivered to you upon the completion of every project.
- The cable plant is certified and warranted for 25 years. This includes parts, labor and applications. This is backed by the manufacturer of the components and the Fugal Company, so your investment is secure.
- Every cable, patch panel port and workstation jack is clearly labeled with durable, electronically printed labels for easy identification.
- Each cable system comes with a set of Auto-Cad As-Built drawings clearly showing every workstation location with designated numbers, making it a helpful management tool.
With a system designed and installed by Fugal's, complete with AutoCad As-Built Drawings and properly labeled cables, patch panels and face plates, the IT department completes, Moves, Adds and Changes in minutes instead of hours. This equals less downtime and more productivity.
We moved our corporate headquarters in June of 2009. After evaluating several contractors we hired Fugal Network Services to install our structured cabling. We had a very tight schedule and each subcontractor had a given window of time to complete their work. Fugal delivered on time, on budget and with no surprises at project completion. Even with the tight schedule and other distractions, Fugal paid close attention to detail making sure every cable was bundled neatly, labeled accordingly and tested to meet industry standards and our requirements as well. If I have any problems with my network, the cabling won't be the first thing I will check it, will be the last.
Niels Fugal Sons Company is the responsible contractor for the installation. The writer has designed hundreds of network systems and personally inspected the majority of the designed installations upon project completion. To date, the installation at this school exceeds all others in quality and craftsmanship. Network equipment has been installed with care. All cables terminated within the racks are neatly organized for ready access and inspection. Cables routed to network rooms have been bundled according to function (data, telephone, intercom, etc) and separated within the cable tray. In this day of "working for a paycheck", it is nice to see some contractors still take pride in the work performed. It has been a pleasure to make site inspections to this point and I look forward to more, as this project comes to a close.
Our network speed has increased dramatically. Our termination closets on each floor are orderly, tidy and easy to manage.
When we hired Fugal Network Services we immediately noticed a drop in the number of cable related problems. If we were a corporation in the private sector our costs would be reduced by over $130,000.00 per year.